Friday 18 December 2020

Haiku Poem | SLJ

Today I did a haiku poem for the Summer Learning Journey.

A haiku poem has three sentences and each sentence has syllables. The first sentence has five syllables and the second sentence has seven syllables and the last sentence has 5 syllables. 

My poem was about waves, first I got an image of a wave and put that on the draw then though about my sentences so that first sentence would have 5 syllables and the second sentence would have 7 syllables and the last sentence would have 5 syllables. 

I enjoyed this because I had a lot of creativity of what to do and it was fun doing my first haiku poem. 



1 comment:

  1. Tēnā koe O’Ninesha

    Benjamin here again from the SLJ commenting team.

    Your haiku is right on the mark! The diction (choice of words) is sublime. You have repeated some sounds in a way that creates a flow to the poem. For example, ‘beautiful beach’, repeating the sound of the letter B. The flow of these sounds in turn mirrors the flow of the ocean and its movements. You should be proud of what you’ve written!

    Have you written poetry before?

    Keep up the good work e hoa!

    Mā te wā

    Cheers,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.